Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's time...




If this is your first time visiting my blog because you heard me spout of my address, live on the Internet, Welcome. What you find here is not an old hand that could walk out and shoot the cover of Vogue next week. What you have with me is... well... I don't know where I fall against my peers. I find myself so concerned with where I'm trying to go that I don't really look around to see what other people are doing. I'm friends with other photographers, sure, but I don't gawk and stare. Want to learn something from me? Let's go shooting. Have something you want to teach me? Let's go shooting. This weekend with Zack Arias... I'll be the student.... And you will be too.

I should be packing right now, but I'm sitting here procrastinating and feeling sick to my stomach. I'm completely afraid. I'm afraid that my mentor, Zack Arias, is going to look at my photography and tell me I'm a talentless hack and that I shouldn't quit my day job. Can I actually imagine him saying that? Yes. Will he actually say that? I doubt it. He'll probably come across more tactfully than my "Zack Voice" in my head does.

The "Zack Voice?"

Yup, the same voice that tells me,"If you're telling yourself that you'll just fix it later in photoshop: You're being lazy and you're being mediocre." I hear those types of phrases in my head all the time. When I'm shooting, or not shooting, Zack's advice echoes in my head and it effects my approach to photography.

One prime resource of these phrases is here, the Chase Jarvis Live conversation with Zack Arias last year before his first CreativeLIVE event. I downloaded it. I listened to it at work... CONSTANTLY. I must have listened to the video 500 times. I emersed myself in the dialogue that took place between masters of photography. Why? I knew I couldn't buy the CreativeLIVE course. I knew I wouldn't get to soak anything of the class in, so I soaked up the conversation. I hope that you'll be soaking up everything that you can from this CreativeLIVE course with Zack.

In any case, I hope something I'm working on is pleasing to you. If you want to, drop me a line to your site/blog/mom's basement and I'll check out what you're doing too.


No comments:

Post a Comment