Friday, April 29, 2011

1st Day of CreativeLIVE

Well, Today was interesting for sure....

4am, I woke up in a strange place with a splitting headache. I took some Aspirin, and zonked out.

7:30am, I rolled out of bed at the City Hostel in Seattle. It's about 8 blocks or so from my destination for this weekend, CreativeLIVE with Zack Arias. I spoke with an Englishman. He was pretty cool, and was heading to Las Vegas. I had to resist the urge to tell him to avoid... um... "Ladies of Ill Repute." Then, my other two roommates woke up; A couple from Scotland. They were nice too. We talked about how Americans didn't know we had hostels here. To be honest, I didn't know either until I had to stay in one...

See, I'm not exactly rich. I'm not poor either, but this photography thing I'm doing hasn't put me in the "Rich and Famous" category yet. So for those of you in my boat: Welcome aboard to the "I have to do photography... if I don't... I don't know what else I'll do with myself" EXPRESS.

You see, before this morning, Zack was my hero. Today, after meeting the guy and getting an inside peak of what a real and honest dude he is, he's been elevated to SUPER HERO.

My head is full of all the knowledge from today. I really feel like any holes I had in my foundation have been filled with wet cement, and I'm just waiting for it to set so I can built this photography house on top of it... Want to see what I'm talking about for yourself? You can. The folks at CreativeLIVE managed to get a segment or two published to their website, so if you missed this mornings intro, you can catch it again, in all of it's glory right here... (Yes, I believe it's in HD)...

I'll have plenty of photos to post soon, but first, I have to get some sleep and get ready for tomorrow. We're supposed to be shooting tomorrow and Sunday. Nothing beats a trial by fire.

1 comment:

  1. grrr !! I typed a lot of things and it all vanished !!!
    well to resume it, I'm waiting for your photos and experience ;)
    www.maiataieb.com/blog

    ReplyDelete