Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wanting




So I've been thinking a lot about this life I'm trying to lead. I kept thinking about what my goals were, and what I wanted to be. I wanted to wake up every morning for the rest of my life and say to myself,"Self: You're a photographer" instead of what I've been saying for months,"Self: You're a hack."

Then it hit me.

What I want means very little if I don't know why.

Do I dream of having a photo shoot with famous stars? Sure. Do I dream that I can be so in demand that I actually need to hire an assistant and get a studio space? Hells Ya. But what I really want is something far more simple, but very elusive...

Simply put: I want to be able to spend time with my family whenever the hell I want. I never want to hear the words,"Daddy, why are you home?" EVER again. That's the best part about wanting a dream to come true: It's my dream, and that means it's malleable. If that means that I become a great photographer that gets just enough work to keep the family afloat so that I can be home when I need to be: so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment