Sunday, November 21, 2010

Torn apart


There are times when everything is rolling with you, and other times where everything is rolling against you. Right now, it feels like things are rolling against me. Nothing bad has happened or anything: My family is healthy, I'm developing my craft and getting better every day, but the hardest part right now seems to be getting my voice out there.

I have a lot to say, both verbally and photographically. I have so much to tell people that sometimes I lay awake at night trying to think of the best way to say what I want to say. Sometimes I'm not sad or depressed, but sad or depressing images float to the top of my mind. Actually, I'm going to roll with that adage: My imagination is like a huge body of water. You can find the occasional iceberg or island, but most of my interesting sights lay beneath the surface... just begging to be discovered.

Discovery is what this is all about. I'm trying to discover my path while trying to show everyone what I can do for them. I don't consider art to be something that rich people put on their walls, or untouchable items in a museum. Art is something that everyone needs; Rich and poor alike. I want someone to see my pictures and want in on what I'm doing. I want them to have a vested interest in it, but selling myself seems to be incredibly difficult. I'm the guy that couldn't do a door-to-door job, so putting myself out there are and saying nothing about it is what I've been doing... But I'm not reaching you.

That's right..... YOU.

This isn't a one-way monologue. This is a dialogue; a conversation. If you come here and read what I have to say, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. But if I can't hear back from you it's reaches into my soul and pulls on me. How on earth can I give you service that only I can provide if I can't hear you? All anyone wants is to be heard, but that means acknowledgment!

So I want to hear from you. Tell me you're hearing me, and share something back. If you love what I'm saying and what I'm showing you: Tell me. If you hate it and you've seen better things from the back of an elephant at the zoo: Tell me.... But please... Tell me you hear me, that you understand me. What do you need from me? I'm willing to bear my soul to give you the best I can, but that's only if I know you and know what your needs are.

Your turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment