Monday, October 25, 2010

I love my new job

I love my new job. On second thought, I should rephrase that: I love my new life. Yes, that's much better.



I got the awesome chance to reconnect with an old friend of mine by shooting photos of her little family for her. Mandy, Tom, and their new addition, Trace, asked me to do some photos for them. I had so much fun hanging out and just doing what I do. October in Colorado can be hit and miss sometimes, but I'm glad this evening was really a smashing success! Seriously... we had a ton of fun... Yeah yeah, I know I can't get over it. :-)




I know Mandy from back in high school. We did marching band together and that always creates lasting bonds. It's always fun running into an old friend from marching band and it's really like you haven't seen them in weeks.... not years. It was fun talking with Mandy and Tom about Trace and their birthing experience. It's not usually a "dude's" place to talk about giving birth, but I'm pretty passionate about the subject, so it's a blast to find someone else that sees things even remotely to the way I do. Trace is huge for a six-month-old and he's got quite the personality. The four of us clicked really well, and we'll probably be hanging out more often than once every 12 years. :-)



I really love Arvada. It had to grow on me, but when it took hold.... it grew on me quick. There are all sorts of little patches of this, places of that, and pieces of beauty spread around the city. When I talked to Mandy about locations, I knew the Kipling green belt would be perfect. Thousands of people drive right by it every day. It's a gem. It's a secret. Don't tell anyone it's there. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment