Sunday, August 21, 2011

Make you feel that way

I've been pouring quite a bit of time into Triple Scoop Music while trying to find the perfect track to fit a promo video I'm working on. I've been doing so much listening that I've been thinking about old tracks that I haven't heard in forever.

In case you didn't know, I love hip hop. Not the stuff you hear on the radio, but the lesser known stuff. It speaks to me in a clearer voice than stuff that "makes it" to the radio. Blackalicious is one such band that I love. The second verse of "Make You Feel That Way" in particular speaks to me. It's positive without going over-the-top. It's just a great summary of how things are for me: Fighting to get uphill, but enjoying the view when you look at the progress you've made.... and being thankful.

Christmas day when your mamma got your first bike
Type of feeling when you went and when your first fight
How your team felt winning championship games
Celebrate in a huddle dancing in this rain
Have a thought see a shooting star cross your screen
Put in hard work finally your living your dream
Deaf man get his hearing now in come vibes
Blind man get sight see his first sunrise
Dumb man speaking out, now he's load and clear
Earth through your chout smile so proud ya wear
Going in your third eye for the styles ya hear
Making music that'll bump for a thousand years
Eating right feeling conscience like health is first
Said a prayer that's sincere and you felt it work
Times I feel I wanna shout, man it's real that way
When I'm thinking things that make you feel that way


No comments:

Post a Comment